
South African Police Service (SAPS) detectives are searching for 40-year-old Hlengiwe Goodness Buthelezi, who is wanted in connection with the murder of Johannesburg media personality Warrick “DJ Warras” Stock.
Gauteng police said on Wednesday that detectives attached to the Provincial Investigation Unit Serious and Violent Crimes were seeking the public’s assistance in locating Buthelezi, who is wanted for alleged conspiracy to commit murder and murder.
Police said the offences relate to Stock’s killing in Johannesburg Central on 16 December 2025.
“Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Hlengiwe Goodness Buthelezi is urged to contact the investigating officer, Detective Sergeant Nengovhela, on 082 967 9362,” Gauteng police spokesperson Captain Tintswalo Sibeko said.
Information can also be provided anonymously through the MySAPS App or Crime Stop on 08600 10111.
Buthelezi’s name has previously featured prominently in evidence presented during the bail proceedings of Victor Mthethwa Majola, who is accused of orchestrating Stock’s murder.
According to evidence led in court, Buthelezi was Majola’s girlfriend and was among people living at Zambezi House, the Johannesburg CBD building where Stock had been contracted to carry out security and auditing work.
Stock, a former radio presenter and well-known DJ, had become involved in efforts to address problems associated with hijacked buildings in the inner city.
Journalists reported that Stock was working on a “blueprint” to tackle hijacked buildings and had been contracted to assist attorneys managing Zambezi House. His security company, Imperium Ops, had also conducted an audit of people living in the building.
Court proceedings later revealed that Stock had sought protection orders against several people at the building after alleged threats against him and his security personnel.
Buthelezi was listed among those respondents. The State alleged that tensions had escalated over the installation of security measures, including biometric access systems.
Investigators also told the court that personal information belonging to Stock and his partner was allegedly found on Majola’s cellphone. The State alleged that Buthelezi had sent Majola information that included Stock’s vehicle registration documents and residential details.
Stock was shot dead outside Zambezi House on 16 December. Reports said he was approached by several men before being shot at close range. CCTV footage later became central to the investigation.
Majola was arrested on 22 December, six days after the killing, and faces charges of premeditated murder and conspiracy to commit murder. He has denied the allegations and was refused bail.
Mozambican national Armindo Joaquim Pacula was subsequently arrested after investigators linked him to CCTV footage from the crime scene. The National Prosecuting Authority said he was charged with conspiracy to commit murder, murder and an immigration offence.
Pacula’s case has since been concluded. In August, he pleaded guilty in terms of a plea and sentencing agreement after admitting that he shot and killed Stock in exchange for R25,000.
The Gauteng High Court in Johannesburg sentenced Pacula to 25 years’ imprisonment for murder. He also received additional sentences for unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition and contravening immigration legislation.
The NPA said Pacula’s conviction was secured through the plea proceedings, while the prosecution of the remaining accused continues.
With Buthelezi now being sought, police are appealing to anyone who knows where she is to come forward as investigators continue to piece together the events surrounding Stock’s killing.


